[img:left]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoO3pa9q7t7X6ws8P_9eyfWQDwcAU2Ow-TzvBoKJwM0aNL2g4V[/img]

The "Occupy" protests are failing, its time to regroup

On the third Saturday in September, the Occupy Wall Street movement began in Zuccotti Park in New York City. The basic goal was to, via mass protests, bring attention and hopefully fundamental change to how the financial industry, with its political mistresses of all ideological stripes does business.

The protests grew over the coming weeks, with some impressive numbers in various marches/encampments all around the Country. There's also been some participation in several cities around the world. The abuses of Wall Street and the buffoonish behavior of politicians and Presidents in dealing with said abuses leaves many of us feeling exploited, wronged and to some degree, generally screwed over.

The growing income disparity is real, not imagined and should be a topic for serious discussion and policy work.

The core issues are worthy of serious thought. The organisation or lack of it with these protests are leading to its failure. The sideshows of civil disobedience, outright law breaking and anti-social behavior are hurting the Occupy cause much more than helping it. All Occupy encampments should close up shop immediately, clean up your areas to match or exceed how they looked before you took those spaces over. While I certainly don't believe everything I see or read about the off the chain behavior of a few whack-jobs, someone in this movement needs to realize your message has been tainted terribly by the images and reports regarding many of these Occupy sites.

I say scrap the occupation mentality totally and come back next time with something a little smarter, a little more reasonable and a lot more accessible for most Americans to understand, support and condone.

Want to know why the Tea Party protests have been mostly without controversy...

Click Reasonable Conversation here to continue...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (11/15/11 06:49 AM)